RESISTOR REOHM SERIES NTT R D 158
Max. continuous power: 2600 W
The resistor NTT RD 158 is a water-cooled damping resistor, which is used for traction in railway applications. The resistor is used in series with filter capacitors in the 1.5 kV and 3 kV DC network.
For this purpose, the device must be designed for a high single pulse energy and nominal voltage. The inductance of the resistor contributes to limit the inrush current – here are wirewound resistors the right choice.
The advantage of the resistance unit NTT R D158 is that 4 damping resistors are housed in one unit. This means a compact construction and low cost when connecting the resistor.
REO high-voltage resistors are designed, produced and certified specifically for the railway technology. The specially designed winding technology allows a higher withstand voltage due to the spatial separation of the wires. The use of railway-compatible, high quality materials, together with the complete encapsulation in profile design lead to protection classes up to IP 65.
- Higher mechanical protection
- High functional safety and service life
- Protection class IP00 to IP65
- Wires are spatially separated thanks to a special winding technology, i.e. higher dielectric strength
- The resistor can absorb higher pulse loads and store them temporarily
- Low susceptibility to vibrations and oscillations
- Many years of experience in the railway field with profile filters
* The development of components based on customer specifications is a matter of course for us