Transportation Converter Solutions
NTT MD 953
Liquid-cooled three-phase mains choke 8% Uk
- Nominal Voltage: 400 V
- Rated current: 200 - 1200 A
- Inductance: 0,012 - 0,074 mH
Watercooled chokes are available are available with ingress protection ratings IP00 to IP65. REO can utilise several methods of water cooling these components. This provides controlled conduction of heat losses, ensuring that the local environment is not heated. Water cooling ensures that component temperatures are greatly reduced, reducing component stress and increasing product life. REO technology provides excellent heat distribution, preventing the emergence of so-called hot spots.
- Winding material : Aluminum
- Insulation class: F
- Cooling medium: Water/Glycol (70/30 %)
- Max. coolant inlet temperature.: 50° C
- Flow rate: min. 3,6 l/min.
- Pressure drop: <0,5 bar
- AFE Drives
Air choke with copper/layer winding
- Rated current: 50 - 1000 A
- Inductance: 0,2 - 8 mH
Air chokes are particularly used where high inductive linearity is required. Due to their relatively simple mechanical structure, they are not only compact, but also very robust.
With our expertise, the REO air chokes perform to the required standard, even in the most arduous conditions.
- Frequency of the current: DC und AC
- Tolerances: + 10 / - 10 %, + 5 / - 5 %
- Taps: By default, no taps (available on request)
- Insulation: F or H
- Cooling method and cooling liquid according to IEC 60310: AN, AF or WF
- Test voltage: up to 12kV 60s 50Hz, up to 25kV 1,2/50µs
- Mounting: Suspended, vertical or horizontal
- Mechanical strength, mechanical simulation (FEM): EN 12663
- Shock - and vibration stress: IEC 61373 Kat. 1 Kl. B
REO Mix & Match principle
With REO Mix & Match you can choose from a wide range of of options - combine the various options in order to always get the best product for your application.
REO is able to offer different designs and winding techniques, a variety of conductor materials and structures. Depending on the specific requirements, we are able to produce an optimal solution by combining these parameters to provide the perfect solution.
- Layer winding/Disc winding
- Aluminium, Copper or aluminium+copper
- Protections: Paint coating, protective coating, housing or REO Xtreme
- Cooling fan/unit
- Sensors: Switch NO / NC, PT100, NTC, PTC
Series IE modular
closed-loop current transformers
- Primary rated current: 500 - 2500 A
- Umgebungstemperatur: -25... +70 °C
- Frequency range: 50... -400 Hz
In the case of bushing-type current transformers, the customer’s primary wire is pushed
through the current transformer opening in the housing. The push-through opening depends
on the size of the primary current.
Wound primary type current transformers have a primary winding and a secondary winding.
Both windings are applied on the closed toroidal core and are isolated from each other by
insulation. This principle applies mainly where primary currents are small. Low-voltage current
transformers for the proportional transformation of large currents to directly measurable
smaller current values.
According to: EN/IEC 61869-1/2
Primary rated current: 500, 1000, 2500 A
Frequency range: 50 - 400 Hz
- Renewable energy sources
- Railway engineering
- Energy, automation and building technology
Onboard power supply transformer
- Rated power: 1000 - 30000 VA
- Input voltage: 3x440 V
The REO transformer NTT 400 is designed for on-board power supplies, which are fed by the auxiliary converter. He is used to adjust the voltage and for galvanic separation of pulse-width modulated DC link voltage and the consumers of the electrical system . A corresponding sinusoidal filter must be connected between the transformer and the inverter.
The secondary-side load of the isolation transformer can be switchgears, rotating equipment , resistive loads or semiconductor power converters.The transformers are designed for the use in vehicles with AC or DC power (in inverter mode). This guarantees that REO transformers are optimally suited to your application. Our development methods emphasize maximum useful lifetime, cost/benefit optimization and safety.
- Power. 1 - 30 kVA
Rated voltage: (Normal operation): 3x440 Veff 60 Hz
Rated voltage: (external power supply): 3x400 Veff 50 Hz
Rated voltage: (reduced operation): 3x345 Veff 47 Hz
Voltage: 3x230 Veff
- Cooling: AN / AF
- Protection rating: IP00
- Insulation class: F/H
- Test voltage: EN 50124 / EN 60310
- Operating temperature: -40°C ... +55°C (optional +75°C)
- Humidity: max. 95%
- Pollution: PD 3
- Vibration resistance: Cat.1 class A/B acc. to EN61373
- Voltages: 24 / 42 / 110 / 230 / 400 / 690 Volt (Optional)
- Switching group: Optional
Onboard power supply transformer can be custom designed. Are you interested in this product? Please contact us!
Besides the standard components for use in the converter, REO offers customerspecific products - as individual components or as a complete solution in a ontainer. The most important criteria in railway engineering are availability for operation and passenger safety. Here, REO offers customized solutions that we develop step by step in close cooperation with our client.
REOHM series NTT R D 158
Max. continous power: 2600 W
- Resistance values: 0,1 - 1 Ohm
- Continuous power: 100 - 1210 W
- max. operating voltage: 4200 V
The resistor NTT RD 158 is a water-cooled damping resistor, which is used for traction in railway applications. The resistor is used in series with filter capacitors in the 1.5 kV and 3 kV DC network.
For this purpose, the device must be designed for a high single pulse energy and nominal voltage. The inductance of the resistor contributes to limit the inrush current - here are wirewound resistors the right choice.
The advantage of the resistance unit NTT R D158 is that 4 damping resistors are housed in one unit. This means a compact construction and low cost when connecting the resistor.
REO high-voltage resistors are designed, produced and certified specifically for the railway technology. The specially designed winding technology allows a higher withstand voltage due to the spatial separation of the wires. The use of railway-compatible, high quality materials, together with the complete encapsulation in profile design lead to protection classes up to IP 65.
Maximum energy with minimum space
- Continuous output: 2600 W
- Max. operating voltage: 4200V
- Resistance value: 0,1 - 1Ohm
- Average pulse load: 1x per hour 20kWs - within 100ms
- Maximum pulse load: 20x per year 120kWs -within 20ms
- Protection class: IP00-IP65
- Other ratings upon request
Double core technology closed-loop current transformers for railway engineering
- Primary rated current: 500 - 2000 A
- Measurement range: 0...3000 A
- Frequency range: 120000 Hz
The current transducer WKO-2C-B with hall effect elements and double-core technology has an extended frequency response up to 150 kHz and an accurate phase response. The WKO-2C-B guarantees an increased current measurement accuracy better than 0.3% in the whole frequency range: DC to 150 kHz.
A completely redesigned electronics ensures that the new C/L current transducer has better drift compensation and an extended temperature range from -40°C to 85°C.
The current transformer has a modular design which allows a variety of mounting options. The cost-effective basic model consists of a housing with screw terminals, bushing for cable and holes for fixing. Optionally, the transducers are available with mounting kit for busbars, molex connectors and feets for horizontal or vertical mounting.
- EN 50178:1997
- UL 94-V0
- EN 50178
- EN 50155:2007
- IEC 61373:2010
- Railway engineering
pdf 4.00 KB
Protection RatingsDiscover our brochure about high protection ratings!Download
pdf 4.00 KB
REO Leakage field transformerREO Leakage field transformerDownload
pdf 4.00 KB
Air chokes Product catalogueProduct catalogue REO air chokesDownload
pdf 4.00 KB
Components for railway applications catalogueProduct catalogue: REO components for railway applicationsDownload
pdf 4.00 KB
Liquid cooled systems catalogProduct catalog for liquid cooled systemsDownload
pdf 4.00 KB
Questionnaire water coolingQuestionnaire water coolingDownload