High Voltage Resistors
High voltage resistors from REO
Resistors that withstand high voltages and high temperatures
High voltage resistors are subject to particular requirements as a result of their areas of application.
The highest level of functional safety and service life paired with an extreme level of robustness against adverse environmental pressures are as a result absolutely essential.
REO high voltage resistors undergo the following tests:
• Climatic fluctuation testing
• Vibration and shock testing, simulated service life testing
• Self-heating measurement
• High voltage testing
• Insulation measurement
REOHM series 155
Max. continous power: 3.000 W
- Resistance values: 0,5 - 1440 Ohm
- Continuous power: 500 - 3500 W
- max. operating voltage: 900 - 4200 V
Braking resistor for drives with frequency converters of medium to high power.
Mounting inside and outside the control cabinet is possible.
- degree of protection: IP20 / IP65 / IP66
- test voltage: 2.5 kV AC
- ambient temperature: 10+40 ºC
- other services on request
- other fastenings on request
REOHM series NTT R D 158
Max. continous power: 2600 W
- Resistance values: 0,1 - 1 Ohm
- Continuous power: 100 - 1210 W
- max. operating voltage: 4200 V
The resistor NTT RD 158 is a water-cooled damping resistor, which is used for traction in railway applications. The resistor is used in series with filter capacitors in the 1.5 kV and 3 kV DC network.
For this purpose, the device must be designed for a high single pulse energy and nominal voltage. The inductance of the resistor contributes to limit the inrush current - here are wirewound resistors the right choice.
The advantage of the resistance unit NTT R D158 is that 4 damping resistors are housed in one unit. This means a compact construction and low cost when connecting the resistor.
REO high-voltage resistors are designed, produced and certified specifically for the railway technology. The specially designed winding technology allows a higher withstand voltage due to the spatial separation of the wires. The use of railway-compatible, high quality materials, together with the complete encapsulation in profile design lead to protection classes up to IP 65.
Maximum energy with minimum space
- Continuous output: 2600 W
- Max. operating voltage: 4200V
- Resistance value: 0,1 - 1Ohm
- Average pulse load: 1x per hour 20kWs - within 100ms
- Maximum pulse load: 20x per year 120kWs -within 20ms
- Protection class: IP00-IP65
- Other ratings upon request