Variable DC power supply made by REO
29 July, 2018
- Variable DC power supply made by REO (PDF 1361KB)
Modern processes require modern power control methods. Applications like coating, semiconductor manufacture, electrocoagulation, film metallisation, water treatment and manufacture of solar panels and the latest 4k and UHD definition screen technologies require accuracy and reliability and the REOTRON SMP provides that and more.
The REOTRON SMP range provide infinitely variable DC Voltages and Current but this is coupled with several other benefits;
- Low losses, this ensures that application runs at the highest efficiency possible.
- Power factor corrected input, conventional, thyristor based power supplies draw a high rms current from the mains supply. REOTRON SMP, smooth the input current, reducing the input current for the same output power – Again ensuring that the application runs at the highest efficiency possible.
- Low AC ripple, every DC power supply has AC ripple on its output, this can have an unwanted effect, especially in some applications, like electrophoretic painting. The REOTRON SMP range as standard has very low levels of ripple, which ensure that the application runs smoothly every time.
- Connectivity, the REOTRON SMP range is IOT, Industry 4.0 ready, it can be readily fitted with a range of fieldbus solutions so that it can easily be integrated into any application, requiring reliable DC voltage and current regulation anywhere in the world.
- Cooling options, most applications use standard forced and convection cooling, but as an option REO’s high efficiency water cooling system can be used ensuring that the REOTRON SMP remain cool, even when fully enclosed to >IP66. This ensures that for applications in ‘clean’ environments the REOTRON SMP has no peer
- Power ranges start typically from 100 W to 120 kW and everything in between, either by using discrete sections of modular units in series/parallel configurations.